Swidget 1.0

Extravagant Grace
    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    Saturday, May 23, 2009

    Gardning & the life of an internet marketer

    Today was a magnificent day! The weather was 100% PERFECT. My town tends to get into the triple digits in the summer, so when it's in the 80s like I believe it was today, it's, as Martha Stewart would say, "A good thing."

    I woke up around 8:00, fed the baby, then got my own coffee & breakfast. I texted a good friend who'd been wanting to spend some time with the baby to let her know she was awake, alert, & ready to party! Then I sat Miss M in her stroller and we went to work in the backyard. I started out watering, then decided to soak the ground to see if I could soften it enough to dig some holes. It worked! Yayy! So, I got some bulbs & seeds out and started dropping 'em in the holes with some not-quite-so hard potting soil.

    My friend pointed out that the soaking trick worked well for getting weeds out, too. Sure enough, she was right! So I added that to my spontaneous gardening spree, too. I even strolled the lil' princess out to the front yard for more weeding.

    I feel so good, having planted some bulbs & seeds, knowing I will see results if I keep tending to them every couple of days at least. Weeding made the already established parts of the garden much more appealing and pleasing to look at.

    As I reflected back on the day, I thought about what I could learn about this in the home based business aspect of my life. Over the next few posts, I will share some parallels I learned along the way today:

    Sunshine – the conditions were perfect
    Soaking- I had to soak the ground to soften it.
    Planting- I planted the seeds and bulbs today, to see results later
    Watering & tending – I will water the plants on a regular basis in order to see good results.
    Weeding- I had to remove the “bad stuff” so the “good stuff” can flourish.

    0 comments:

     

    Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design