Swidget 1.0

Extravagant Grace
    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    Friday, January 9, 2009

    Come Along on My Journey!

    This is my journey to achieve my goal of "Just Say No to Day Care!"

    My husband and I are preparing to welcome our first child into the world any day now. I am very blessed to work for a corporation that allows me to work from home. My husband is basically self employed and can also work from home, and we plan to basically work alternating schedules for as long as we can and "take turns" caring for our child. However, we also recognize that this is NOT a permanent solution.

    I cannot fathom working 40, 50 hours or more to pay someone ELSE to raise our child. Soooo...welcome to Just Say No to Day Care! This is where I will share my journey to replacing my corporate income, including health benefits and retirement, so that we can achieve our goal of Just Say No to Day Care.

    Before we get started, let me say I am not opposed to day care or day care providers. I believe they are a very important part of society. I also believe that they are an important part of child development. I just cannot personally afford it and would rather get a system in place where I do not have to work to pay someone else to raise my child. It works for many, but is not in my vision of our family's future.

    I will outline in this blog things that are already working for me, and to what extent, in real dollars and cents. I will also include tidbits about things that I'm testing out. Some things will be free, others will not.

    I hope you enjoy taking this journey with me.

    Maybe you have the same goal, to Just Say No to Day Care. Maybe you just have a car to pay off. Maybe you are buried under medical bills. Maybe you just want to save up for the vacation of a lifetime. Whatever your "why," you are here because you want to make some extra cash on a monthly basis. That could be an extra $50-$5,000 a month. I believe we all can achieve these goals, whatever they may be!

    0 comments:

     

    Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design