Swidget 1.0

Extravagant Grace
    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    Friday, February 6, 2009

    Beware of Scams

    In today's economy, many people are looking for ways to pinch pennies here and there, and also make a few extra dollars on the side. After all, we all need to make ends meet somehow.

    Unfortunately, with the increased interest in stretching our dollars, there are those out there who are interested in not only capitalizing on this desire, but exploiting it.

    I'm sure by now you've seen the Cash4Gold advertisements, promising to pay top dollar for jewelry you no longer wear, broken watches, etc. These commercials have made me a little sick to my stomach since the first time I saw it. Something about it just didn't "feel" right to me. Don't get me wrong, I am all for capitalism and understand that of course, they are not going to pay "top dollar." Of course they are going to pay less than market value so that they can make some profit.

    On the flip side, I recently discovered a couple of websites that look at the darker side of this program. Check them out here: Expose #1, Expose #2. I would love to hear your comments!

    Right or wrong, I think the lesson here is to do your due diligence before forking over anything of value, be it money for a home based business or your valuable jewelry.

    0 comments:

     

    Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design